Softball Canada is a non-profit member-based National Sport Organization that provides a range of opportunities for softball athletes, coaches, officials, clubs and Provincial/Territorial Softball Associations through the development, delivery and promotion of softball programs and services at the National and International level.
Internship Opportunity: April 29 – August 23, 2019 (Five days per week or 37.5 hours)
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Softball Canada requires an energetic and ambitious individual for an exciting internship within our office in Ottawa. In this position, you will offer administrative and project-related support in all areas of Softball Canada’s operations including but not limited to: program development/delivery for athletes, coaches and officials, marketing and communications, sponsorship, event management (Canadian Championships and Softball Canada events), as well as assisting in the, Canpitch and Timbits Softball Programs.
- Assist in the development and delivery of Softball Canada programs and services
- Assist in organizing Softball Canada events including up to twelve (12) Canadian Championships
- Assist in marketing and promoting Softball Canada programs and services including writing articles for newsletters, social media, updating Softball Canada’s web site, and assisting in media releases
- Assist with various administrative tasks including answering phones, filing, processing resource orders, etc.
- Other duties as required
- Degree or a student in sport management, physical education or related programs
- Experience in any of the following areas:
- Program development, delivery and promotion
- Event management
- Marketing and Sponsorship
- Experience working with volunteers
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A creative self-starter with the ability to work independently or as a part of a team
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills with the ability to work on a large number of projects simultaneously, while meeting deadlines
- Be registered as a full-time student in a community college or university in the 2018-2019 academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the 2019-2020 academic year
- Not attending school full-time while employed in this position
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset
- Flexible to work occasional evenings/weekends as required
Application Deadline: February 22, 2019
Compensation: $15/hour (Please note that housing or transportation is not provided)
Send cover letter and resume to:
We would like to thank all candidates for their applications, but we will only be contacting those selected for an interview.