TWELVE SUGGESTIONS TO AVOID
THE SPREAD OF THE CORONAVIRUS IN SPORTS VENUES
(Abridged from WBSC Protocol)
1) Do not drink from the same bottle / glass neither in competition nor in training, always using disposable glasses or a nominal or otherwise personalised bottle, and do not exchange other items (towels, etc.) with your companions.
2) Avoid consuming food in the changing rooms.
3) Put personal items and clothing in bags, avoiding leaving them exposed in the changing rooms.
4) Immediately throw paper tissues or other used materials such as plasters, bandages, etc. into the appropriate containers.
5) Wash your hands thoroughly as often as possible: hand washing and disinfection are decisive to prevent infection. Hands should be washed with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and then, after rinsing them thoroughly, they should be dried with a disposable towel; if soap and water are not available, a 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer can also be used.
6) Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
7) Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue - preferably disposable - or with your arm, but not with your hand, if you cough or sneeze.
8) Air all rooms as often as possible.
9) Periodically disinfect change rooms and common areas.
10) Invite people who experience symptoms of an ongoing respiratory infection and / or fever to leave the premises immediately and seek medical attention.
11) For those who have not yet been vaccinated against the flu, take the flu vaccine as quickly as possible, in order to make diagnosis and management of suspected cases easier.
12) Inquire from athletes and corporate staff if there have been any contacts in person or within their family with people who have returned from countries at risk or in quarantine.