Softball Canada is a non-profit member-based National Sport Organization that provides a range of opportunities for softball athletes, coaches, officials, clubs and Provincial/Territorial Softball Associations through the development, delivery and promotion of softball programs and services at the National and International level.
Internship Opportunity: April 27 – August 28, 2020 (Five days per week or 37.5 hours)
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Softball Canada requires an energetic and ambitious individual for an exciting internship within our office in Ottawa. The sport media intern will help manage all media-related inquiries, manage Softball Canada’s social media channels, write post-game stories, athlete and staff profiles, and develop highlight videos. In this position, you will offer administrative and project-related support in all areas of Softball Canada’s operations including but not limited to: development/delivery for athletes, coaches and officials, marketing and communications, sponsorship, gender equality, as well as assisting in the Canpitch and Timbits Softball Programs.
- Create and manage social media content related to Softball Canada’s programs and services.
- Develop and follow a social media plan/calendar to ensure proper timing and delivery of posts.
- Track reach and engagement of social media posts.
- Assist in marketing and promoting Softball Canada programs and services including writing articles, updating Softball Canada’s web site and media releases.
- Assist with various administrative tasks as assigned.
- Other duties as required.
- Degree or a student in sport management, physical education, graphic design, journalism or related programs
- Experience in any of the following areas:
- Graphic design
- Photo/video editing
- Program development, delivery and promotion
- Marketing and Sponsorship
- Experience working with volunteers
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent computer skills with Adobe products (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Spark) or other photo/video editing software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both official languages (English and French)
- A creative self-starter with the ability to work independently or as a part of a team
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills with the ability to work on a large number of projects simultaneously, while meeting deadlines
- Be registered as a full-time student in a community college or university in the 2018-2019 academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the 2019-2020 academic year
- Not attending school full-time while employed in this position
- Bilingualism (English/French) is required
- Flexible to work occasional evenings/weekends as required
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 1, 2020
Compensation: $15/hour (Please note that housing or transportation is not provided)
Send cover letter and resume to:
We would like to thank all candidates for their applications, but we will only be contacting those selected for an interview.