Softball Canada is now accepting applications for the Long-Term Player Development Committee (LTPD). Please follow the link below to fill out the required application form by June 12th, 2020. For more information please contact Angela Ballantyne, Manager – Long Term Player Development Programs at Softball Canada: email@example.com or 613-523-3386 x3107.
The LTPD Committee’s overall mandate is to oversee the national implementation of the LTPD model and associated programming. In doing so they are expected to make recommendations to the Board of Directors, as they deem appropriate. The LTPD Committee’s specific mandate is to:
- Develop and administrate a national implementation plan with timelines and action plans, considering financial and human resources.
- Act as a resource for Softball Canada and P/TSOs in the implementation of the LTPD model.
- Identify deficiencies and recommend changes to existing programs and recommend new programs and/or services where they do not currently exist or recommend establishing “working groups” to create these new programs and/or services, using LTPD guidelines.
- Provide a liaison to any Softball Canada committees and working groups and in conjunction with the respective committees, examine Softball Canada’s current programs and services on a regular basis (every 3 years) to ensure that they are aligned with LTPD principles.
The Long-Term Player Development Committee meets face-to-face one meeting per year, holds quarterly conference calls, and communicates via email on a regular basis.
LONG TERM PLAYER DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE MEMBERS-AT-LARGE
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend LTPD Committee meetings as required.
- Provide on-going leadership to specific policy and project assignments for LTPD program area(s).
- Direct the development and evaluation of Softball’s current and future development programs in collaboration with the Chair and Manager – LTPD Programs.
- Continuously evaluate the player development system to identify if and where the structure is incongruent with Softball Canada's stated Values and Softball Canada's LTPD model as described in the “Long-Term Player Development Guide for Softball in Canada” and make recommendations to Softball Canada’s Board to address these identified inconsistencies.
- Work in coordination with the Softball Canada Strategic Plan, to review specific Softball Canada programs every 3 years to ensure they align with the LTPD model.
- Gather data and information to assist in making recommendations that are based on research (evidence-based decision making).
- Perform LTPD related duties as requested by the Chair or Manager – LTPD Programs.
- Experience coaching/playing softball (any/all levels).
- Leadership, planning, or administrative experience in a volunteer or professional capacity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Member in good standing with Provincial/Territorial Softball Association and Softball Canada.
- Application endorsed by Provincial/Territorial Softball Association.
- Understanding of Softball Canada’s LTPD Model and Sport for life principles considered an asset.
- Fluency in both of Canada’s official languages (English and French) considered an asset.