Softball Canada is a non-profit member-based National Sport Organization that provides a range of opportunities for softball athletes, coaches, officials, clubs and Provincial/Territorial Softball Associations through the development, delivery and promotion of softball programs and services at the National and International level.
Internship Opportunity: April 30 – August 24, 2018 (Five days per week or 37.5 hours)
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Softball Canada requires an energetic and ambitious individual for an exciting internship within our office in Ottawa. In this position, you will offer administrative and project-related support in all areas of Softball Canada’s operations including but not limited to: program development/delivery for athletes, coaches and officials, marketing and communications, sponsorship, event management (Canadian Championships and Softball Canada events), as well as assisting in the Triple Play, Canpitch and Timbits Softball Programs.
- Assist in the development and delivery of Softball Canada programs and services
- Assist in organizing Softball Canada events including up to twelve (12) Canadian Championships
- Assist in marketing and promoting Softball Canada programs and services including writing articles for newsletters, social media, updating Softball Canada’s web site, and assisting in media releases
- Assist with various administrative tasks including answering phones, filing, processing resource orders, etc.
- Other duties as required
- Degree or a student in sport management, physical education or related programs
- Experience in any of the following areas:
- Program development, delivery and promotion
- Event management
- Marketing and Sponsorship
- Experience working with volunteers
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A creative self-starter with the ability to work independently or as a part of a team
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills with the ability to work on a large number of projects simultaneously, while meeting deadlines
- Be registered as a full-time student in a community college or university in the 2017-2018 academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the 2018-2019 academic year
- Not attending school full-time while employed in this position
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Flexible to work occasional evenings/weekends as required
Application Deadline: February 19, 2018
Compensation: $15/hour (Please note that housing or transportation is not provided)
Send cover letter and resume to:
We would like to thank all candidates for their applications, but we will only be contacting those selected for an interview.