FEMALE COACH/UMPIRE DEVELOPMENT BURSARY PROGRAM
Established with funding from a Sport Canada grant, Softball Canada is excited to support female role models in softball by providing financial assistance to female coaches and umpires looking to develop and promote their knowledge and expertise.
This bursary program will run November 10th, 2020 – March 31st, 2021 and will provide financial assistance to individuals, clubs, and/or Provincial/Territorial associations to direct towards initiatives that will advance the development of female coaches and/or umpires. This grant opportunity will focus on:
- Female umpire development
- Female coach development
- Removing financial barriers to accessing programming
- Increasing the number of female role models in Softball across Canada
HOW TO APPLY
The following must be included in the application to be considered:
- Applicant contact information
- Description of Initiative (500 words)
- Purposed initiative budget
- Permission from P/T association or association president where applicable
The following must be included in the application to be considered for funding:
- Applicant contact information (including NCCP # if applicable)
- Description of coaching and/or umpiring experience
- Why you are applying (250 words)
- Coaching and/or umpiring goals (250 words)
- Written support from your P/T association
*Upon completion of the initiative, the applicant will be required to submit a final report and be able to provide receipts for any expenses.
- Individuals who are in good standing with their respective local and P/T association.
- Local Associations who are in good standing with their respective P/T association.
- P/T associations who are in good standing with Softball Canada.
All proposed initiatives should be geared towards the development of female coaches and umpires.
1) COACH DEVELOPMENT
- Community coach training through the NCCP
- Competitive coach training and evaluation through the NCCP
- Coach Developer training (Learning Facilitator, Coach Evaluator)
- Women in coaching initiatives
- Recruitment initiatives
- Professional development opportunities that relate to coaching
2) UMPIRE DEVELOPMENT
- Training and evaluation through officials training and certification programs
- Umpire developer training (instructor training, umpire evaluation)
- Women in umpiring initiatives
- Recruitment initiatives
- Professional development opportunities that relate to umpiring
New or existing initiatives that fall under these criteria will be considered for grant funding. All funding will be requested within the outlined program year (November 10, 2020 – March 31st, 2021). No initiative will be accepted for financial assistance that falls outside of the timeline and criteria.
Applicants will be permitted to apply for a maximum bursary of $500. It should be noted that there is no guarantee the applicants will receive the requested amount. Softball Canada will attempt to provide as much funding as possible to as many applicants as possible within the initiative budget.
The application process is now closed. Thank you for your interest.
This grant opportunity is proudly being supported by gender equity initiatives on behalf of Sport Canada.