For Softball Canada, equipping participants with concussion management tools and best practices is key. Discover these resources recommended for sport associations:
Know the facts, inform your practices with evidence, and discover innovative tools and resources to support your commitment to concussion safety.
Softball Canada Resources
- Softball Canada Concussion Policy - to help guide the management of athletes who may have a suspected concussion as a result of participation in Softball.
- Softball Canada Return-to-Sport strategy - used to help athletes, coaches, trainers, and medical professionals partner in allowing the athlete to make a gradual return to sport activities.
- Softball Canada Return-to-School strategy - used to help student-athletes, parents, and teachers collaborate in allowing the athlete to make a gradual return to school activities.
- Softball Canada Concussion Card - A pocket resource outlining concussion symptoms and how to identify them.
- Softball Canada Pre-Season Concussion Education Sheet - designed for team use ahead of every season.
- Softball Canada Concussion Pathway- summary of the Softball Canada Concussion Protocol.
- Canadian Guideline on Concussion in Sport- Developed to ensure that athletes with a suspected concussion receive timely and appropriate care, and proper management to allow them to return to their sport.
- The Sport Information Resource Centre (SIRC) – For additional videos, research, tools and resources to support a safer learning environment.
- Concussion Recognition Tool 5 (CRT5) - To help identify concussion in children, adolescents and adults.
- Parachute Concussion ED App - Designed to give Canadians free access to critical concussion resources.