FEMALE MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
When it comes to supporting and uplifting women no one does it better than other women. Female leaders have a responsibility to use their power and voices to help lift up others. With the support of Sport Canada, Softball Canada has created a mentorship program to give our female members across Canada the opportunity to develop both personally and professionally in their softball careers.
WHAT IS MENTORSHIP?
It is an opportunity for individuals with useful experience, knowledge, and skills to share insight, guidance, and knowledge with others, to help coach and nurture them towards their goals and develop their abilities.
WHAT IS SOFTBALL CANADA'S FEMALE MENTORSHIP PROGRAM?
For the first time in its history, Softball Canada is offering a Female Mentorship Program. In this 18-month program, mentees will have the opportunity to connect with an established and successful female leader and participate in a multitude of professional development opportunities specifically designed to identify and develop strengths and professional skills within softball.
THIS PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- The chance to build personal network with high level women in softball throughout Canada.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Advice from some of Softball Canada’s most valued female executives, coaches, and umpires.
- The chance to develop relevant knowledge and skills; and
- Active and structured support throughout the program
WHY BE A MENTOR?
Being a mentor is a unique experience with great benefits, both tangible and intangible. Being a mentor provides a support system to others as they start or advance their careers. It allows you to share the knowledge and experiences many people so often need when starting out.
- Renewed sense of commitment to your role within softball
- Stimulation of new ideas
- Continuous learning and career development
- Enhanced leadership skills
- Satisfaction of giving back to the softball community
WHY BE A MENTEE?
Mentoring provides professional socialization and personal support to facilitate success. Being a mentee can open your mind to new ideas and possibilities, identify opportunities, and establish a network of supportive like-minded people.
- Increased learning
- Improved self-efficacy
- Decreased feelings of isolation
- Greater career mobility
- Overall increase in career and self-satisfaction
2021-2022 MENTEE APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
This program is in thanks to special funding from Sport Canada.