Sport is one of the most powerful platforms for propelling women and girl’s empowerment. It can be used as a tool to teach women and girls the value of teamwork, resilience, and strength; has a multiplier effect on health, leadership development, self-esteem, social connections, and challenges gender norms.
With funding opportunities from Sport Canada, Softball Canada has taken significant strides to advance gender equity within our softball community. Through this work, Softball Canada is committed to placing importance on gender equity for the foreseeable future. Softball Canada has and is continuing to:
- Implement gender equity strategies.
- Create safeguarding policies.
- Increase the recruitment, retention, and promotion of women in leadership at all levels.
- Keep girls and young women in sport for longer.
- Provide marketing that is free from gender bias and promotes women’s achievements.
To learn more about gender equity and how you can be an ally visit Canadian Women in Sport and follow along with Softball Canada as we continue to bring awareness to women and girls in all facets of the game.
|We acknowledge the financial support of the Government of Canada.
Nous reconnaissons l'appui financier du gouvernement du Canada.