SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
1. Softball Canada is aware that Participant interaction and communication occurs frequently on social media. Softball Canada cautions Participants that any conduct falling short of the standard of behaviour required by Softball Canada’s Code of Conduct and Ethics will be subject to the disciplinary sanctions identified within Softball Canada’s Discipline and Complaints Policy.
2. This Policy applies to all Participants.
CONDUCT AND BEHAVIOUR
3. In accordance with Softball Canada’s Discipline and Complaints Policy and Code of Conduct and Ethics, the following social media conduct may be considered minor or major infractions at the discretion of the Discipline Chair or Case Manager:
5. Participants acknowledge that their social media activity may be viewed by anyone, including Softball Canada.
6. If Softball Canada unofficially engages with a Participant in social media (such as by retweeting a tweet or sharing a photo on Facebook) the Participant may, at any time, ask Softball Canada to cease this engagement.
7. When using social media, a Participant must model appropriate behaviour befitting the Participant’s role and status in connection with Softball Canada.
8. Removing content from social media after it has been posted (either publicly or privately) does not excuse the Participant from being subject to Softball Canada’s Discipline and Complaints Policy.
9. A individual who believes that an Participant’s social media activity is inappropriate or may violate Softball Canada’s policies and procedures should report the matter to Softball Canada in the manner outlined by Softball Canada’s Discipline and Complaints Policy.