The Softball Canada Mentorship Program is aimed at targeting potential/developing female softball officials in Canada. The program is based upon the matching of a female mentee official with a female mentor official. The program is structured to meet the needs of each official selected to the program and to enable an experience that will benefit the mentee, the mentor, and Softball in Canada.
DURATION OF PROGRAM
- To advance the careers and skill development of female officials by providing a mentoring program with experienced and seasoned officials
- To provide the opportunity for senior members to volunteer and contribute their knowledge in a direct and highly rewarding way
- To identify future leaders/mentors
- To develop future female officials and increase the officiating pool within softball
In addition to the guided 18 month long formal mentee/mentor partnership, participating umpire mentees will:
- Be provided free mentorship training
- Be exposed to networking opportunities with other officials throughout Canada
- Have access to officiating and professional development opportunities
- Build leadership skills
UMPIRE MENTEE ELIGIBLITY:
- Female identifying
- Has an interest in further developing their officiating career.
- Reference letter from Provincial/Territorial/Local Association
- In good standing with your provincial/territorial or local association