2023 U23 WOMEN'S
CANADIAN FAST PITCH CHAMPIONSHIP
L'Île-Perrot, QC - August 16 – 20
Your team is coming to Montreal in August? Congratulations!
All teams must complete this form (click here) (the link will be available in June) as soon as possible, no later than July 23.
A lot of information is already available on this Web site, the purpose of this page is to give you more details to help you plan your trip.
Visit the following pages for:
- Special Events (coaches meeting, Opening ceremony, Banquet, etc.)
- Maps (hotels and parks)
- Car and van rentals
- Event admission (for fans)
- Services on site
- Practice diamonds and batting cage
Additional information - FAQ
STATS - SCOREKEEPING - STREAMING
All games will be score kept in real time on our web site. Individual stats will be kept as well and posted on our web site. We will Web stream on diamond #1.
Softball Canada’s supervisors and the host committee will welcome you at the Community Center at Ile Perrot - 2 minutes walking distance from Michel Martin Park on Tuesday August 15 at 4:30 PM. We will start the team registration at 3:45 pm. You will need your final roster approved by your provincial association prior to this meeting. Please ensure that at least one (1) Coach and/or Manager is present, as this meeting is mandatory for all teams. The toss of the coin will be done for the round robin games to save time during the championship.
- The Banquet will be held right after the coaches meeting at the Community Centre that is on the Complex site on Tuesday August 15 at 7:00 pm. A complete meal will be served and the tickets will be sold at $25 each and will have to be paid for at the coaches meeting (cash, debit or credit - Visa or Mastercard). If you have vegetarian people in your team (or gluten intolerant), please let us know by July 23 (included in the team's form); we could switch their meal to a vegetable gluten free meal. A maximum of 20 persons per team will be accepted due to the capacity of the room. The Banquet is organized for the fun of the players. Therefore, do not expect speeches or anything like that, just a great time.
- The Opening Ceremony (Team's parade) will take place on Wednesday, August 16 at 6:00 pm at the Complex (Michel Martin #1). We ask that all teams be in uniform and present at the park at least 15 minutes prior to the ceremony.
- On Saturday August 19 at 1:00 pm, there will be a ceremony to announce the All Star team on diamond #1.
PARK ACCESS PASSES
The week passes (including the final rounds) for the fans will be available at the entrance of the Complex (cash, debit or credit - Visa or Mastercard - will be accepted). Entrance will be free for the players (max 17 per team) and coaches (max 4 per team). Passes are not transferable.
AT THE PARK
- Water will be available on each team bench. A concession will be on site with healthy food such as subs, fruits and drinks… and of course the traditional hamburger, hot dog and grilled cheese. A few restaurants are also available near the Complex, and can offer complete and hot meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) at reasonable prices.
- A new building has been built a few years ago at the complex with nice indoor bathrooms, a shower, etc.
- The parking is quite large and free but we will point out extra parking at the Complex on the Championship Web site, just in case. One parking spot will also be reserved per team for the head coach. This way you won't need to search for one.
- A medical team with sport therapists will be on site at all times for your convenience. Service will be free of charge; only "physio" wrapping elastic bandages will be for sale at low price if needed.
- Souvenirs of the championship will also be available (cash, debit or credit - Visa or Mastercard - will be accepted, no pre-orders).
- A water park is on site for kids. If the weather is very warm and your team would like to go for a swim between 2 games, the municipal pool is 5 minutes walking distance from the park and with your team jersey, they will let you in for free.
PLAYERS OF THE GAME AWARDS
Our volunteer staff will select and present some “player of the game” awards (one per team every game). This is really just for fun and will not impact the All Star selection. You have to select the player of the game for your team and tell the scorekeeper at the end of the game.
SCHEDULE AND CHAMPIONSHIP FORMAT
The official schedule will be posted on our web site as soon as it is available from Softball Canada. The target date is the second last week of July.
BAT GIRLS - BAT BOYS
No bat girls or bat boys will be provided by the host committee. Should your team have one (or would like to name one), it is a great experience for these kids and they will be allowed on the player’s bench with a helmet on. We will also provide them with gifts and a free week pass. You can send us their name in the team's form.
Any question? Contact us!