5 Factors of a Quality Timbits Softball Program
- Timbits Softball is a player centered program focusing on providing lots of physical activity and fun. The program, facilities and equipment are modified to be stage appropriate and delivered in an exciting manner.
- Timbits Softball is progressive and challenging because it has well thought out lesson plans based on developmental stage and skill level. The program is aligned with Softball Canada’s Long-Term Player Development (LTPD) model, promoting life-long participation in recreational, competitive or high-performance softball.
- Timbits Softball program is inclusive, fun and safe. The program is intended to be barrier free so everyone can participate. Facilities and equipment should be safe and appropriately sized for younger ages and in good working condition.
- Timbits Softball is committed to providing parent coaches with opportunities to access to National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) clinics designed especially for the Timbits Softball program
called the Learn to Coach Clinic (Community Sport Initiation) which will help support a successful season.
- Timbits Softball supports parent coaches and local associations by providing additional program information, resources and best practices at www.softball.ca and each Provincial/Territorial Softball Association.