Softball Canada is a non-profit member-based National Sport Organization that provides a range of opportunities for softball athletes, coaches, officials, clubs and Provincial/Territorial Softball Associations through the development, delivery and promotion of softball programs and services at the National and International level.
Position Details: Full-Time, 1-year contract (March 18, 2024 to March 17, 2025)
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
An enthusiastic and dedicated person is wanted by Softball Canada for an exciting role in our Ottawa office. In this position, you will actively encourage and assist the growth of softball at the grassroots level across Canada. The Program Coordinator will organize and support several important Softball Canada programs as well as connect with Provincial/Territorial staff, volunteer committees, and other Softball Canada personnel in addition to the Board of Directors.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking a Program Coordinator who will assist with day-to-day program maintenance, development, and support. This is a contract position working with and reporting to the respective Softball Canada Staff Managers.
This position will focus on bringing alignment to key areas within Softball Canada which includes but is not limited to:
- Continued development and support of important Softball Canada initiatives and programs, including:
- Learn to Play
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Safe Sport
- Additional Development Programs
- Assisting in the roll-out of recommendations and programming from the Long-Term Player Development (LTPD) model
- Providing administrative support and assistance to the LTPD, Learn to Play, Canpitch, B5, and Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion committees
- Support and delivery of programing and education in relation to the areas of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Assist with the planning and execution of associated Softball Canada events, and other related initiatives
- Assist with fulfillment of program materials to Provincial/Territorial or local associations as required
- Provide customer service to a range of softball stakeholders including instructors, participants, and volunteers
- Assist in general day-to-day operations, as required
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Working in a team environment, this position will be part of a small and highly motivated team of professional staff and committed volunteers.
- Post-secondary degree in kinesiology, sport management, coaching, physical education, or related program.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a sport leadership role achieving measurable outcomes.
- Knowledge of the Canadian softball sport system, and the provincial and national softball environments.
- Understanding of basic project management skills and experience, particularly adhering to timelines, planning, and documentation.
- Ability to work effectively, efficiently, and professionally as a part of a team and independently.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Experience working with volunteers
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), Dropbox, Google, Canva, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Bilingualism is considered an asset (English and French)
- Flexible to work evenings/weekends as required
Softball Canada is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability.
Application Deadline: February 16, 2024
Salary Range: $40,0000-$45,000 (commensurate on experience)
Send cover letter and resume to:
We would like to thank all candidates for their applications, but we will only be contacting those selected for an interview.