Softball Canada is a non-profit member-based National Sport Organization that provides a range of opportunities for softball athletes, coaches, officials, clubs and Provincial/Territorial Softball Associations through the development, delivery and promotion of softball programs and services at the National and International level.
Softball Canada requires an energetic and ambitious individual to work in a full-time position in our Ottawa office. In this position, you will lead the organization of our Fast Pitch and Slo-Pitch Canadian Championships, support our Canada Summer Games programming, assist with initiatives for Canadian College/University and Indigenous Championships and other related events. Additional responsibilities include coordinating travel related event logistics/bookings, including Men’s National Team programs.
- Lead organizer for Softball Canada events, including up to twelve (12) Canadian Championships
- Liaise and support Canada Summer Games, Canadian University/College and Indigenous Championships and other Softball Canada events
- Provide travel support for Softball Canada events and Men’s National Team activities
- Assist in marketing and promoting Softball Canada events
- Other duties as required
- Degree and/or experience in Sport/Business/Event management with relevant experience
- Experience in any of the following areas:
- Event management
- Travel coordination
- Program development, delivery and promotion
- Marketing and Sponsorship
- Experience working with volunteers
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both official languages (English and French)
- A creative self-starter with the ability to work independently or as a part of a team
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills with the ability to work on a large number of projects simultaneously, while meeting deadlines
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Flexible to work occasional evenings/weekends as required
Softball Canada is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MAY 12, 2022
Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Send cover letter and resume to:
We would like to thank all candidates for their applications, but we will only be contacting those selected for an interview.