CANADIAN JUNIOR WOMEN'S NATIONAL TEAM
2021 IDENTIFICATION CAMPS
SELECTION PROCESS & ELIGIBILITY
Softball Canada will be hosting 6 identification camps as the next step in the selection process for the 2021 WBSC U-19 Women’s World Cup team.
- The camps are open to athletes born in 2002, 2003, and 2004. Please click here for additional eligibility requirements.
- By no later than August 1, 2021, up to 24 athletes will be invited to participate in the Final Selection Camp as the final step to this selection process.
- By no later than August 20, 2021, the final roster for the 2021 WBSC U-19 Women’s Softball World Cup will be named.
DATES & LOCATIONS
(Specific locations TBD)
- May 14: Fort Myers, FL
- June 28-29: Saskatoon, SK
- June 30 - July 2: Lower Mainland, BC
- July 13-15: Greater Toronto, ON
- July 19-20: Greater Montreal, QC
- July 21: Halifax, NS
Payment will be collected at a later date. Form completion is required by the deadline.
Note: Those selected to the Final Selection Camp and World Cup roster will be required to pay an additional player’s fee, for the event, to cover costs associated to their participation on the team.
Attendance to any ONE of the identification camps is strongly recommended in order to be considered.
During the camp, athletes will participate in activities that involve both softball skill work and live game play.
The 2021 WBSC U-19 Women’s Softball World Cup will be held August 25 - September 5, 2021 in Lima, Peru.
All camps are subject to postponement or cancellation at Softball Canada’s discretion. These decisions will reflect health and safety concerns for all participants at the camps. Softball Canada is also monitoring related international travel restrictions and COVID-19 conditions before making a final commitment to attend the World Cup.