2021 CANADIAN U19 WOMEN'S NATIONAL TEAM
SELECTION PROCESS & ELIGIBILITY
Softball Canada will be hosting 6 identification camps as the next step in the selection process for the 2021 WBSC U-19 Women’s World Cup team.
- The camps are open to athletes born in 2002, 2003, and 2004. Please click here for additional eligibility requirements.
- By no later than August 7, 2021, up to 26 athletes will be invited to participate in the Final Selection Camp as the final step to this selection process.
- By no later than September 10, 2021, the final roster for the 2021 WBSC U-19 Women’s Softball World Cup will be named.
DATES & LOCATIONS
IMPORTANT NOTE: Most of the original dates have been pushed back due to COVID-19 considerations. Changes are indicated in RED.
(Specific locations TBD)
- July 21: Halifax, NS
- July 26: Saskatoon, SK
- July 26: Winnipeg, MB
- July 28-30*: Greater Toronto Area, ON (*July 30 inclement weather date)
- August 2: Greater Montreal Area, QC
- August 4-6*: Lower Mainland, BC (*August 6 inclement weather date)
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
If you have registered, please make your payment as directed by Softball Canada.
If you are not registered and would like to be put on the waiting list, please contact Softball Canada at email@example.com
Attendance to any ONE of the identification camps is strongly recommended in order to be considered.
During the camp, athletes will participate in activities that involve both softball skill work and live game play.
A final selection camp of up to 26 athletes will be held from August 8-11 in BC. Athletes invited to the final selection camp will be required to pay a $300 participation fee. Softball Canada will cover the cost of flights, meals, accommodations and ground transportation during the final selection camp.
The final Team Canada roster of 16 athletes will compete at the 2021 WBSC U-19 Women’s Softball World Cup in Lima, Peru providing COVID-19 health concerns subside and travel restrictions are lifted. The event was scheduled to begin in August, but the WBSC is currently reviewing the start date of the event. Softball Canada will provide the new dates as soon as they are available.
Note – Athletes selected to represent Canada at this event will be required to pay a player fee of up to $700. This fee will go towards covering a portion of the costs of uniforms, warm-up clothing, travel wear, accommodations, meals and ground transportation at the destination, flights, out of country insurance and full supervision at the event.
All camps are subject to postponement or cancellation at Softball Canada’s discretion. These decisions will reflect health and safety concerns for all participants at the camps. Softball Canada is also monitoring related international travel restrictions and COVID-19 conditions before making a final commitment to attend the World Cup.